Prem Mandir is a white marble temple in Vrindavan established by Kripalu Maharaj in 2001 and inaugurated in 2012 for the general public. The lighting decoration in the evening at Prem Mandir is a spectacular visual in itself and one needs to see it live to witness the beautiful ambience.
There are two floors in the temple. The ground floor has deities of Sri Radha and Krishna and on the second floor are deities of Sri Sri Sita Rama.
The temple is made up of Italian marble and the decorations and carvings are appreciated by the pilgrims. Also, photography is freely allowed here unlike other temples in Vrindavan hence you can find tourists and pilgrims shooting videos and clicking selfies on their smartphone at different sections of Prem Mandir.
The entire temple complex is maintained very neatly and looks nothing less than a grand film set. Evening, in particular, is really wonderful experience here as the colourful lights lit the entire white marble temple and it's compound, making it look really grandeur and beautiful to the core.
|Deity||Radha, Krishna (on the ground floor)
Sita Rama (on the first floor)
|Entry Fees||Free and open for all|
|Darshan Timings||Morning: 5.30 AM - 6.30 AM & 8.30 AM - 12.30 PM
Evening: 4.30 PM - 8.30 PM
|Famous for||Italian White Marble Architecture, Landscaped Garden, Paintings, Musical Water Show, Beautiful lighting of the entire temple in the evening|
|Acharya (Founder)||Kripalu Maharaj|
|Budget of Construction||₹150 crores|
|Size (in acres)||55|
- Sri Sri Radha Krishna (on the ground floor)
- Sri Sri Sita Rama (on the first floor)
Special Attractions at Prem Mandir, Vrindavan
Temple Lighting in Evening: The Prem Mandir looks spectacular in the evening with colourful lights.
- Musical Water Show: At 6 PM, there is a musical water show depicting passtimes (lilas) of Krishna. The images of Krishna's passtimes are projected on the water foundation and it is something which is really breathtaking. It looks something very special and unique.
- Vrindavan Lila Tableau (Jhanki Presentation): As you enter the Prem Mandir, you will many tableau presentations depicting various lilas of Krishna. A lot of people gathered around it to take pictures and selfies. There is also a Govardhan Parvat Lila darshan constructed where Krishna and vrajvasis are lifting the Govardhan Parvat. They have constructed it really beautifully.
- Gardens of Prem Mandir are maintained really superb and look palatial and royal.
Architecture: The white marble interiors, design and engraving in the temple is something that is worthy of praise.
How to Reach Prem Mandir?
Prem Mandir is a very popular spot in Vrindavan. It is a major landmark and first entry point in Vrindavan (from both Taj Expressway and Delhi-Mathura Highway). If you are coming from Mathura Station, just take any auto and arrive here. You can check the detailed guide of How to reach Vrindavan from Mathura and How to reach Vrindavan from New Delhi.
- 5.30 AM - 6.30 AM
- 8.30 AM - 12.30 AM
- 4.30 PM - 8.30 PM
Satsang Hall (Upcoming)
There is an upcoming grand Satsang (lecture) hall coming in premises of Prem Mandir which can house 30000 people at the same time. It is indeed huge and is in the shape of a big dome. It looks really grand from the top and can be even seen from a far distance.
Jagadguru Kripalu Chikitsalaya (Hospital)
There is a proper Hospital for the vrajvasis located in a part of Prem Mandir compound. A lot of devotees and locals from nearby villages also visit here for getting diagnosed. The charges are waived off or mostly minimal. A lot of good doctors from cities like Mumbai and New Delhi volunteer at this hospital as well.
Safety Tips and Important Instructions
Check detailed safety tips for your visit to Vrindavan.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Last Updated on