Krishna is sarva shaktiman (All-Powerful) and all material and spiritual energies originate from Him, but Srimati Radharani is sarva saktimayi (Power of All-Powerful) and all the energy of Krishna resides in Radharani’s Lotus Feet. There are many marking on Radha’s Lotus feet that signify very special meaning.
Sriji’s right foot has eight auspicious markings, and left foot has eleven beautiful markings.
Marking on Right Feet of our Sriji
- Conchshell: Depicts that the devotees who solely take shelter of Lotus Feet of Radharani and Krishna are victorious. Sriji protects them from all turmoils and they are fearless owing to strength of shelter of Her Lotus Feet.
- Chariot: When a devotee fixes the mind on the Chariot of Radharani’s Lotus Feet, it easily becomes our friend in devotional life and wins all the tests thrown by Mayadevi.
- Mountain: Represents Giriraj Ji (Govardhan Parvat) who is very dear to Sriji. Giriraj Ji is always in shelter of Sriji and serves Her Lotus Feet with ecstatic love and devotion.
- Fish: Like a fish has no meaning and life without water, devotees and Krishna don’t have a meaning or life without Lotus Feet of Sriji. It also represents the fickle mind, hence we need to take shelter of Nama (Hare Krishna Mahamantra) to fix our mind onto Lotus Feet of our Swamini Ji.
- Spear: Denotes that the origin of all shakti resides in Her Lotus Feet, and hence for those who take shelter of Sriji, Her feet protects them and cuts off material attachments.
- Club: It signifies that taking shelter of Swamini Ji’s Lotus Feet easily destroys the lust residing in the seeker’s heart.
- Homa Kund: This Yajna Kund depicts that the fruit and aim of all tapa, vrata, yajna is meditation and service of Lotus Feet of our Sriji. All the sins and karma of Sriji’s dear devotees are burned by strength of Her Lotus Feet.
- Earring: It’s tinkling chime attracts Krishna’s ear!
Markings on Left Feet of our Sriji
- Disc: Shelter of Sriji’s Lotus Feet slashes lust, envy, greed, pride, anger and illusion of material world.
- Barleycorn: As barley grains provide nutrition to living beings, Lotus Feet of Sriji provides complete nutrition and life to Her devotees.
- Bracelet: Exactly like how a bracelet is always worn in the hand, Sriji’s Lotus Feet are always in hand of Krishna who is massaging them in an emotional state.
- Umbrella: The beautiful and most powerful Lotus Feet of Sriji protects the devotees from material pangs.
- Upcurving Line: Sriji’s Lotus Feet can reach the most fallen Kali Yuga souls like us to pull us back to Nitya Goloka Vrindavan, our real abode in presence of our Guru Tattva and Yugal.
- Lotus: Reflects the soft and tender Lotus Feet of Radharani and Krishna that are soft like lotus petals. Also, represents that they always reside in Vrindavan Yoga Pitha, which is shaped like lotus!
- Flag: Declares that Sriji’s devotees are always victorious and there is no fear for them!
- Flower: Sriji’s Lotus Feet are soft like flower and it spreads it’s fragrance everywhere.
- Creeper: The creeper of material desire is subdued by taking shelter of Sriji’s Lotus Feet. It also represents that Sriji’s feet can easily be found in the forest of Vrindavan!
- Half Moon: As the moon spreads nectar at night, so does Sriji’s Lotus Feet that provides bliss and satisfaction to Her dear devotees. Also, it represents that most param Vaishnav, Lord Shiva, who has half moon on his head, actually in truth has decorated his head with Sriji’s Lotus Feet as She and Krishna are his most worshipable object!
- Elephant Goad: Signifies that the elephant Krishna is only controlled by Radharani. Also, mind, which is like an elephant in making false stories and entangling us to material miseries, is controlled when one takes shelter of Sriji’s Lotus Feet.
Krishna is also called Hari. The meaning of Hari is the one who captivates everybody’s cit (soul) but in reality, Hari is the Krishna who is captivated by Radha!
Krishna is param niyatta or Supreme Controller but it is Sri Radha who controls Krishna Himself.
We are eternal souls and belong to Radharani and Krishna, but due to our relationship with material nature, we have forgotten this. To revive this back, Srila Prabhupada has given a simple sutra.
It’s very difficult to do all yoga, tapasaya or any karma in this age of Kali. Srila Prabhupada just says that love and pray unto Srimati Radharani and that’s all. If Radharani says to Krishna to accept anybody, Krishna just cannot refuse and provides His complete mercy without seeing any fault, goodness or bad quality in anyone. He just embraces the devotee with deep love. The simplest way to be attracted to Krishna, and to attract Krishna to us is to love Srimati Radharani.
The book 'Demystifying The Mystical Vrindavan' is the essence and crux of this entire website.
If you are considering to dive into the final goal of our Vedic Scriptures and spiritual life, and if Radharani inspires you, do get a copy of the book .
It is worthwhile to think that why is Srila Prabhupada telling us to love Srimati Radharani to advance spiritually. It is because Radharani is an ocean and personification of mercy. She doesn’t see any qualities and just provides bhakti to anybody approaching Her, what to speak if you approach her with love, surrender and sincerity.
In Padma Purana, Radharani tells to Narada Muni - I am Ramani and in my company, Krishna can always be raman (most happy and pleased). My male form is Krishna and there is no difference between me and Krishna.
Radharani has all the shakti (power or energy) to bring the prema (love) that is residing in Krishna for the pleasure of all. And this strength lies only and only with Sri Radha and nobody else. Not even Yashoda Maiya, Arjuna or Balarama Ji can bring out this prema in its true form out except for Radha.
Our 24 hours should be spent thinking about Srimati Radharani. We should become Radhamayi or in the thought of Radharani. Our every moment should become Radhamayi. It is very difficult to capture Radharani in mind even for a few seconds, especially at the conditioned state. It can be achieved only by kripa (mercy) of Rasika Vaishnavas and this kripa (mercy) can easily be invoked by chanting madhurya-mayi (laden with prema) Hare Krishna Mahamantra Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare.
Chaitanya Mahaprabhu asked Ramananda Raya to tell Him about Radharani but Ramananda Raya had to stop mid-way as Mahaprabhu became so emotional that it seemed that he won’t be able to handle it and will leave His body. This is the pinnacle of love Mahaprabhu carried for His entire life.
The worship of Krishna without Radharani is impossible. By sincere chanting of nama or Hare Krishna Mahamantra, everything manifests beautifully in the heart of sincere seeker.
As one says Ra and Dha, Krishna just runs away to the devotee and is already sold to the devotee! As Rasika Vaishnavas say, even if one accidentally says Radha, all his past life karmas get erased, and no other new karmas are written. Every action then onwards in their life is just a plan to bring them to inner confidential aspect of vraja-prema-bhakti and their original identity as an eternal part of Divine Couple.
This is a very confidential subject and big tapasvis and saints have not been able to justify the beauty of Srimati Radharani. However you write, it feels incomplete. You want more and more. I have compiled this article as our Queen Srimati Radharani has inspired me deep down to pen it by recalling and remembering the words of devotees and Rasika Vaishnavas. No way am I qualified to write anything remotely connected to Sriji. She is our Prana-Priya Swamini (Queen) and our beginning, end, and all in all.
Jai Jai Shri Radhe!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?